Security Officer – Roaming Mobile SIA Licence is essential to be considered for the role
Location – South West England
Hours – 45 Hours Per Week
Shifts – 5 over 7 (may have to stay over night on occasion which will be paid for and meals)
Company vehicle and Fuel car will also be provided for the position.
Amberstone provides integrated security solutions through the provision of technology products and manned guarding resources. Our security solutions bridge the gap through the provision of risk based integrated security solutions. Products combine to provide a best return on investment made by our varied client base, with Amberstone sharing strategic best practise wherever possible to the benefit of all clients, reducing risk and costs wherever possible. Amberstone security solutions provide a best return on investment when integrated together.
This role will endeavour to support the client to deliver industry leading services. As the forefront of the business, it will be expected that you will hold the best in business customer service to all stakeholders. You will be required to deploy to the highest risks areas/locations to support our client where it’s needed and take a proactive approach to new age guarding.
- Flexibility of working location to work in line of a resource to risk within reasonable distance/cluster of locations using company vehicle.
- Patrolling an assigned cluster of stores, prioritising activities in line with intelligence.
- Providing high visibility, reassuring presence in and around our clients premises, interacting with the clients colleagues and members of the public.
- Liaising with management, local authorities and Police when applicable.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for clients and their customers.
- Manage vulnerable persons with empathy to not cause distress.
- Completing colleague and contractor searches where required in line with agreed policy.
- Completing security checks on areas of our clients premises.
- Clear communicator with all relevant stakeholders through all means of communication including radio usage.
- Comfortable to be able to digitally report incidents, gather intelligence and use tablets/phones for daily activity planning.
- Incident reporting and writing
- Be able to identify a trend of criminality to support where the risk is and communicate back to the Amberstone Crime Desk.
- Operate Body Worn Cameras and be able to activate them in line with company/safety policy.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Job descriptions should be reviewed on a regular basis. Any changes should be made and agreed between you and your manager.
- The above lists are not exhaustive, and you are required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be requested within the scope of the position. All employees are required to act professionally, co-operatively and flexibly in line with the requirements of the position.
- Educated to A Level/Advance NVQ level
- SIA accreditations in accordance to SIA but not essential
- A role within the security industry, specifically in guarded services working in retail security.
- Valid SIA licence
- Full UK Driving License
- Strong communication skills
- Have good IT knowledge
- Smart appearance
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a professional manner.
Knowledge and experience:
Security guarding experience within in a top 10 security provider
Equality & Diversity
- Amberstone Guarding values the diverse skills and experience of its employees and is committed to achieving equality of treatment for all. Our objectives are that all individuals shall have equal opportunities for employment and advancement on the basis of their skills, aptitudes and abilities. Amberstone Technology is committed to the engagement and retention of the best possible talent and to creating an environment that encourages excellence through good equalities and diversity leadership and management.
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2022