Created May 2018
Amberstone Technology Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, registration no 07409925. Our registered office is Cambridge House, Barrington Road, Shepreth, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 6QB.
Our principal place of business is at Cambridge House, Barrington Road, Shepreth, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 6QB.
You can contact us:
a) By post, to the postal address given above;
b) By telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
c) By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We take your privacy very seriously and ask that you read this privacy notice as it contains information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information.
Who we are
Amberstone Technology Limited, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Amberstone Technology Limited, will collect and use your personal data for providing our services and keeping you updated with industry and legislative requirements.
Why does Amberstone Technology Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Amberstone Technology Limited would contact you for additional consent.
Will Amberstone Technology Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Amberstone Technology Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Amberstone Technology Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Amberstone Technology Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Amberstone Technology Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Amberstone Technology Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Amberstone Technology Limited contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that Amberstone Technology Limited holds about me?
Amberstone Technology Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Amberstone Technology Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Amberstone Technology Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Amberstone Technology Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill (from last three months)
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
When you browse the website we collect information from the device you use to browse, such as IP address, unique device identifiers, and information from cookies and similar technologies stored on the device.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notice.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
Post: Amberstone Technology Limited, Cambridge House, Barrington Road, Shepreth, Royston, Hertfordshire SG8 6QB.
Document Owner and Approval
The Data Protection officer is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.
5th May 2018