IN CLOSE COLLABORATION WITH THE SAINSBURY’S TEAM, AMBERSTONE DESIGNED AND IMPLEMENTED AN ENHANCED SECURITY SYSTEM, PROVIDING NEAR TO 100% COVERAGE, ACROSS SAINSBURY’S STATE-OF-THE-ART, PILOT STORE IN SELLY OAK
With over 1200 stores, over 161,000 employees and tens of thousands of customers a day, Sainsbury’s needed to trial a security system that could deliver additional analytic capability, enabled them to make better use of security resources and improve colleague and customer safety.
Already piloting an experimental retail format, with a focus on innovative technologies, Sainsbury’s Store of the Future in Selly Oak was the ideal environment to develop and trial a security system that required that same creative approach and practical application.
Sainsburys chose Milestone VMS as the CCTV system and picked Amberstone to deliver the solution due to their technical ability and ongoing performance.
Recognising that when resources are limited, connectivity and flexibility are key, one of the first changes Amberstone implemented was to remove the fixed position “podium” at the front of the store, and replace with wireless, hand held devices. This gave every security officer instant access to all 238 CCTV cameras in the system and the ability to see security alerts from a wide range of sources.
Here are just some of the benefits this new, fully mobile system provides:
- Full integration to intruder systems – improves response times and enhanced colleague and customer safety
- Camera based analytics in high-risk areas – alerts officers remotely of incidents involving raised voices
- Integration to third party tagging systems – ensures immediate alerts to officer handhelds
- Linking of CCTV system to colleague entry intercom –improves colleague safety and reduces time away from post
- Installed monitor and camera system across high-risk areas of the store, where Sainsbury’s latest advert or targeted information can be continuously streamed then instantly switched to show the customer as they approach the display – proven to reduce shrink and creation of a possible new advertising stream (Sainsbury’s marketing team are exploring further)
- Remote access configured to allow remote support by Amberstone – allows immediate changes to the system if needed